Wednesday, August 26, 2009

...Amish Country....

...we left New York and arrived in the Pennsylvannia Dutch Country...this area has left a surprisingly wonderful impression on me...as I'm typing this, I still am in awe of the area and the people...it leaves me with wanting to know more...we spent two days in this area riding around and I could have stayed for weeks...we just rode around and looked at the beautiful well kept farms...the movie "Jacob's Choice" answered questions about the "choice" they have after their teenage years...we toured a home that shows how they live today...no electricity, but the ways they make things work is unbelievable...we also took a buggy ride in one of their wagons...I can see how relaxing and unrushed their way of life is...Lancaster County Pa has the largest Amish population in the US...Ohio has the most in a state...each family has an average of six children with 90 percent of the children choosing to live the Amish way of life....everything in Lancaster County seems to move just a little bit slower....by the way, Monday must have been a washday...clothes were on every line in every farm...if you are interested in the race track pics...email me...he he....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails